Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WOW – October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween everyone!  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love seeing the kids dress up and of course I love to eat candy. My kids had a great time carving pumpkins actually so did my husband (he did the Glock pumpkin). 


Last week Bunny asked me a question about the Art quilt that I shared with you all.  I had the privilege to take an all day workshop with Rosemary Eichorn about a year ago.  She taught her Fabric Collage method that she uses for art quilts and garments.  Her book is called The Art of Fabric Collage and is available on Amazon.  I used this technique for this quilt and a few others that I have made.  The book is easy to understand and I have gone back and referenced it many time since I read it the first time.  It’s well worth purchasing if fabric collage interests you.  This type of quilt is so fun and easy to make, I can see myself making many more. 
The best part of quilting is finishing a project and I have finished another quilt I have been working on for quite some time.  This was a sew-a-long with Clover and Violet and I made the quilt for my nieces 10th birthday.  I’m so happy with my quilting on this one I did a flower design with trailing leaves and vines. 



My daughter asked me to teach her to do embroidery a few months ago so she picked a page from a Disney coloring book that she liked and I tried to teach her a different stich on each part of the design.  (Remember my daughter is nineteen she just really loves all that is Disney and wants to be a costume designer for them some day).  She decided to make it a pillow for her bed and sewed up this cute top.  So of course I had to do the quilting for her so this is our joint effort.  She is really busy with midterms right now so the rest of the pillow will probably not get done until Christmas break.



Lastly a peek at the quilt I started at the workshop I attended a week ago.  

Regards
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Cleaver cleaver girl, you must be a very good teacher. That's such a lovely block. Looks like every one is having fun in your house with Halloween too. I like the quilt you have just made for your niece, she is one lucky girl. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter did a wonderful job on her embroidery. My son is currently getting his Master's degree in Costume Design and Technology. It is fascinating to see his work and to discuss what he is learning. Good luck to your daughter on persuing her dream.

    ReplyDelete