Tuesday, July 16, 2013

WOW July 17, 2013


I’m very happy to be posting to my blog today.  Last week I was so busy with work that I did not have time to blog.  My vacation was wonderful and Maui is lovely.  The five of us really enjoyed our time together and had so many great adventures.   I will show you a few of the really great photos that I took. 
 





 
I have been getting quite a bit of sewing done over the last ten day.  I finished my first block of Chateau Hexagon.  This is really sweet I’m almost done with the second on just need a few more hours on it. 
I also have gotten all caught up on the Dr. Who Stich-a-long I have all nine blocks stitched and pieced together.




 
Lastly I have completed the lone start quilt top that I have been making for my son’s girlfriend for her birthday.  I hope to start quilting it by the weekend. 




I’m trying to work really hard to get projects done that have deadlines so I can start on Esther’s Love Entwined quilt.  I have really enjoyed seeing everyone’s progress and I’m hoping to start next month. 

 Regards

Lisa Mortell

12 comments:

  1. Lovely projects I especially like your CH it's gorgeous :-))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection of fabrics in your star. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW talk about progress, first I have to mention that I love your underwater shot, you look fabulous! I really love your lone star, it's beautiful and what a generous and wonderful gift to make for someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Lone Star quilt is AMAZING! I hope the lucky recipient appreciates all the work that went into it. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of your projects are so pretty but the Lone Star with the applique blocks is completely awesome. I can't wait to see how you will quilt it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew very glad I stopped by! You Lone Star is amazing! I love, love, love it! Thanks for sharing happy vacation pics too! Ahhhhh! The Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's an amazing job you've done on the Lone Star quilt. The greenish fabric towards the middle has a lot of movement in it - beautiful applique too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing holiday adventure you had! your quilts are looking great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Lone Star looks wonderful! And the Chateau Hexagon is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, as you know, I really love the photo from the Chateau Hexagon...so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! That quilt is incredible! Hope the recipient is worthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is so dear to me and she makes my son very happy. He loves her complettly.

      Delete