Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WOW July 24, 2013


Last week was really wonderful; we unexpectedly had two Chinese students stay with us for the week.  The family they were going to stay with backed out and we were asked last minute if we could host them.  We spent all week showing them all over the greater Seattle area.  I’s amazing they had never been swimming or in a pool so be took them swimming, to Lake Washington, Snoqualmie Falls and of course to our mall they really wanted to shop.  We saw Shakespeare in the park and introduced them to so many foods they had never eaten before.  You really forget how blessed we are to live in America and how different it is for someone living in China.  They had so much fun they did not want to leave. 
Jin and Tinkel

Jeff, Jin, Tinkel and Me
Needless to say I did not get much sewing done this week.  I did finish my second Chateau Hexagon block.


 
I also finished an embroidery border for my Betty’s closet quilt that I have been working on for months.  I can actually put the top together now when I have time.
 
I really have to stay focused on finishing Catherin’s quilt (Lone Star).  I went to make the back last night and realized that I did not have enough fabric for the back.  So Catherin, Chloe and I headed off to the fabric store and picked out a coordinating fabric. Then we went out to dinner and to Menchie’s (frozen yogurt) I was very nice to spend time with just my girls. Tonight I’m planning to put the back together and start basting.

Lastly started the tenth Dr. Who block only three more to go. 
 
Hope everyone has a wonder week. 

Regards

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. It's nice that you do that with the kids it must give them some great memories to cherish!! well worth putting sewing on hold!!

    ReplyDelete