Tuesday, April 1, 2014

WOW – April 1, 2014


Emerald City Comic Con was so much fun!  Saturday Chloe was not feeling well so we did not were our costumes until Sunday it turns out it was really good thing because we could not get from place to place without having someone want to take our photos.  In all honestly I don’t think I have ever had my photo taken so many times.  The wig was really uncomfortable it was so long and heavy that the wig clips were pulling my hair the entire time.  That’s ok it was worth it especially when the little kids would run up to us so excited to see Merida and her mom.
 
 


You can see we made all kinds of friends.




 

Well now I can get back to quilting. 

Have a great week.

Regards,

Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Which one is the mum and which one the daughter LOL. You both look the same age. Love love the wig it was worth all the discomfort you look stunning; thanks for sharing such a fun day. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Lisa I forgot to say I think both costumes look stunning and you both sure look the part, Chloe looking so regal and you looking very mischievous. LOL Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have us mixed up. Chloe is wearing the red curry wig. My wig was all the way to the ground in two pony tails rapped in gold fabric. Chloe patterned both costumes she is go good at what she dose. I guess all that tuition I paid for was worth it. If you have a chance look up the movie Brave to see what they look like.

      Delete
  3. These costumes are gorgeous - what a great pair you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so impressive. You are both so pretty and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool! you both look fabulous. I'd love to see your wig from behind in all it's glory. I hope you get a chance to wear your fantastic costumes again. the silk for your dress is lovely.

    my daughter and I were these characters for Halloween a few years ago. however, we didn't need wigs because we already have pretty much identical hair to the characters. =) well, realistic versions of their hair, anyway. I even have the grey streak, it's just not to my knees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah! Awesome. I mean, who wouldn't want to be your friend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous costumes! Did you make them yourself? I've never been to a comic con but my sons (5th and 7th grade) have been begging me to take them. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Are there typically a lot of kids at these events, that is, would you say a comic con is fairly family friendly, or more oriented towards adults?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many kids and activities for kids. Get time for the whole family. Some panels are not kid friendly but they will tell you before they start it is not appropriate for young kids.

      Delete