Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WOW – October 19, 2011

I had the most productive week in a long time.  I attribute that to my wonderful husband letting me hold up in my sewing room all last weekend.  It was also one of the busiest weeks I have had in a long time.  I attended two classes the first one was an all day workshop by Rosemary Eichorn call Collage-Crash Course (I took a day of vacation for this!!!) and the second was my second corset class. 

Rosemary was a wonderful teacher and I learned so much from this experience.  I have my wall hanging almost done I’m going to be doing some beading on the roses and the sky and then I will need to bind.  I really love the way it looks after you wash your collage. I will make sure and show you all what it looks like when I have it completely done. 
I finished two Affairs of the Heart block this week.  I’m getting closer to finishing. 


I finished my two appliqué panels for my nephews quilt and did the thread painting (my first time!!) I’m so happy with the way they turned out. I now have two more panels to do and ten other bocks to finish and then I can start putting this quilt together. 


Lastly I put the rest of the front and back to my corset together.  Next week will be the last class we will be installing the lacing, boning and binding.

Regards,
Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Great projects and so different from one another. I've become a follower so I can see the final products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I must say your work is amazing. Your collage gorgeous. Blocks fantastic and threa painting terrific you go girl and lastly your hubby is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers’ for wonderful hubbies!!!!! I have one of those to. You sure managed to turn up the heat on all your projects; plus all so different and so so eye catching. I’m not sure which kept me looking the longest. That young man is going to be such a lucky guy; and those heart blocks!!!!! Every piece you have worked on is so interesting thanks for sharing. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa- I was looking at your Charity Quilt 2011 & wondering if you could give me some info about it? What is the block name? What size did the Quilt finish at? How many blocks make up the Quilt & what size are the blocks? Also, what cute fabric did you use? We have our guild charity quilt donation coming up & your quilt caught my eye. You can e-mail privately if you wish. Thanks, GG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Work of Art! I just love your collage quilt...I never thought of washing it...love that look!

    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete