Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WOW- November 7, 2012

This week I spent most of my sewing time working on a charity event that my quilt guild is hosting.  We will be making eye-spy quilt for foster kids.  Pat and I organized all the packets of fabric squares and made 20 backs and a lot of binding with the help of a few of our members.   We are ready now for the meeting and a lot of sewing.  Below is one that I made for an example with some of the leftover squares.

I started working on the Betsy’s Closet – In Stitches I have four of the patterns stitched up.  They are really sweet and will make really nice baby quilt when it get them done. 

  

Saturday I made up two pillow shams for a friend of mine that bought the fabric to match a quilt her mother-in-law made her a while back and she wants to start using it on her bed.  I have them ready to quilt up but I need to practice the quitting design. I’m trying to copy the original quilting on her bed quilt.

Have a wonderful week.
Regards,
Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa those wee embroidered blocks are so delightful, what size are they, they take me back to 40 years ago when my family were babies LOL. What a lovely babies quilt they will make???? Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these embroidered blocks. Glenda is spot on when she says the are "delightful". Perfect word to describe them. I've always wanted to learn how to embroider. Perhaps, I'll get to it before too long. These are definitely an inspiration! So stinking cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute your blocks I have that pattern to make its so sweet Debbie Kelly

    ReplyDelete