Monday, October 8, 2012

Gina’s Birthday Present

I have been waiting a while now to show everyone how the bag I made for my sister’s birthday turned out.  She does not read my blog all the time but I figured the one time she did it would be when I showed everyone her gift.
I made this really complicated feathered star block to put on the back.  I have never made anything like this before.  It was time consuming but really fun to make. I put little half square triangle all around the embroidery to tie it in to the block on the back.
My sister really liked it.  My cousin was funny she said to me “this is so cute you should sell these” and I had to giggle because I have about 40 hours of hand and machine work in this little bag.  Think anyone would want to pay me for all that time.  My joke is if I would not give you my kidney they I would not make you a quilt. I think most people just think you can make a quilt in a few hours and it cost about $50.   
Regards,
Lisa



1 comment:

  1. The bag is adorable but what really made me smile was the comment about you selling your work. People tell me that all the time and, as you know, only anothernquilter understands the time and money put into it. I will continue giving gifts but selling, I don't think so. :-)

    ReplyDelete