Friday, January 18, 2013

Late WOW


I was not able to post my WOW on Wednesday but I figure better late then not at all.  I need to start off by giving a warning if you are a Quilters Anonymous Member please do not read on because I’m going to be showing my Challenge quilt for the quilt show. 

I spent all my sewing time this week on two projects first I made another little make up bag for one of my daughters friends. She is a big My Little Pony fan. Hard to believe so many grown adults watch that show. So I ordered some MLP fabric from Spoonflower for the lining and appliquéd the outside of the bag with the cutie mark (I feel silly just saying that). Not really impressed with Spoonflower the repeats were not perfectly lined up. 

  
I registered four quilts for the Quilters Anonymous quilt show in March and none of them were done at the time. Now I have one done!!!! This is called "Time and Relative Dimension in Space”.  This is my favorite quilt I have made to date.  I have been a big Dr. Who fan for over 30 years and it was fun to do something so self-indulgent. 
 
The challenge rules were to make a quilt with the theme “Other Worldly” and we were given a 4 inch piece of fabric that had to be used in the quilt without cutting it in a recognizable way. So if you look at the center of the vortex you will see a blue fabric that has kind of a marbled look that was the fabric.  I decided to do reverse applique so I did not cut it.



 
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
 
Regards,
Lisa


 

No comments:

Post a Comment