Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WOW – January 11, 2012

I’m on a mission to get my Affairs of the Heart quilt completed for the March Quilters Anonymous quilt show hear in Washington. I registered my quilt last night so there is no backing out now.  I’m working on the border and plane to spend every free moment getting this quilt done.  I posted photos of some of the motifs that will be on the border.  I still have lots of hand embroidery to do.


Over the holiday if finished my nephew Dominic’s STALKER quilt he was so happy he took it home with him before I had a change to get photos of the quilting.  I will try this week to get it back for some photos and I can post them next week.  Needless to say he love love loved his quilt.  I spent 30 hours quilting it on my new Bernina 830.  Many of you have asked me how I like my new sewing machine and I have to say I love it.  The three best things about it are the twelve inches of room. Dominic’s quilt was 85x95 the larges quilt I have ever quilted myself and I had no problem what so ever. I also had the advantage of my new sewing machine table it supported the quilt wonderfully.  The second thing I love is the lighting system it is so much better than my Artista 200 I could quilt with no addition lighting if I had to.  The third best thing about this machine is the bobbins.  OMG they are big it was so nice to not be changing bobbins every 30 minutes of quilting. There are so many other things I like about it and I feel it will be worth the expense.  I have not had a change to use the embroidery module so I’m sure I will love it too. I will let you know once I play with it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Regards,
Lisa

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this quilt finished. It was the reason I started following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to be just gorgeous.
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is looking very nice. Looking forward seeing all the blocks.
    I'm glad you like your Bernina. I'm having problems quilting with my Bernina 830. It skips some stitches when I go backwards, the other day I almost threw it out of the window. But today it worked fine, I really don't know what I do wrong. But it is nice to have all this arm space.

    Take care
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you useing the BSR because they have a new firmware upgarde that will fix that.

      Delete
  4. Those colours are beautiful, and the quilt will look wonderful. I can't believe how much you have done this past year! You have a lovely blog!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete