Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WOW – April 24, 2013


Another busy few weeks at the Mortell house.  With everything going in our life right now I’m surprised that I managed to get any sewing done.  We went to Friday Harbor the weekend before last to get our boat because it’s shifting cable broke the weekend before and we had to leave it to be repaired. We had a really nice trip home on the boat we saw dolphins and lots of sea lions.

My daughter is graduating June 15 from apparel design school and he is working on her final line.  She needs my sewing machine right now for zigzag her machine only dose a straight stich.  So this means that I’m pretty much relegated to hand sewing until she is done with all her garments.  I started a new quilt a Yoko Sato pattern.  I have most of the first block done. 

 
Here is my progress on my challenge quilt. I had to stop working on it because I did not have all the wool that I needed.  It came in the mail Monday so I should be able to get back to work on this project.

 
Lastly I went to a class last Saturday taught by Judy Irish on making a lone star quilt. I got most of my blades done.  Not sure I will be able to work on this again for a while due to being banished from the sewing room.

 

Well hope everyone has a good week.  The news has been so upsetting lately I have been trying to focus on what is good in my own life and for the most part I could not ask for more.

Regards

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Your yoko Sato block is beautiful, I'm a fan of her work. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your Yoko Sato block, I'm a big fan of her work too, but have not yet tried one. Maybe one day I will. Take care.

    ReplyDelete