Thursday, May 10, 2012

WOW-May 9, 2012

Two weeks ago I attended a workshop taught by Colleen Wise we learned about shadows and giving our quilts a light source. I have finished the quilt top but I have decided to add a border and some applique to make this quilt more my design.

I also finished my Peacefully Pathway quilt top this will be next on my list for quilting because it’s a wedding gift that needs to be done in July.  I’m really happy with the way it turned out.  The overall scrappy look makes it flirty and young. Sorry no photos I did not have time I will post some soon.

I finished the forth block and almost the entire fifth block for the Promises & Borders BOM but I ran out of the floss I have been using for the words.  I had to order it online so hopefully I will get it by the weekend and can finish it.  This quilt will be so pretty when it’s done everyone that see the blocks asked me if they can have it when I’m done.

I will be getting ready to go to Chicago next week for my dear mother-in-laws memorial service.  Seems to be the only thing on my mind right now.  I’m looking forward to spending the time with my husband’s family; I only wish it was for a happier reason. 
Hope everyone has a great week.
Regards
Lisa


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, your quilt deserved all those ribbons, I followed your progress as it grew, you choice of fabrics was fantastic. Your needle work exquisite, and the over all quilt breathtaking. Enjoy every moment of your achievement. You really do deserve it. Cheers Glenda Down Under

    ReplyDelete